Extraordinary Rule Changes Effective Feb. 1, 2017
Please note important rule changes that were approved as Extraordinary at the 2017 USEF Annual Meeting in January and are effective Feb. 1, 2017. Click here to download all Extraordinary Rule Changes Effective Feb. 1.
Relevant H/J Rules Are:
- HU 103.6 (Tracking No. 409-16): This rule change corrects an unintended loophole in the Green Hunter and Young Hunter rules when they originally became effective on 12/1/2016.
- JP App. A (Tracking No. 263-16): This rule change adds language to prohibit walk rails in the schooling/warm-up area during classes for Seven Year Olds or under.
- JP App. A (Tracking No. 264-16): This rule change adds language to protect young horses as follows: "When schooling for a 5, 6, and 7 year old class in progress, jumps in the schooling area may not exceed the height or width by more than 10cm of the jumps in the class."
- JP 103.5 (Tracking No. 280-16): For the safety of both horses and riders, this rule change aims to address potentially dangerous or harmful activities affecting Young Jumpers by restricting fence heights and widths permissible in a schooling area, preventing horses from being walked over elevated rails, and providing safety guidelines for setting jumps 1 m or higher.
- JP 117.0 (Tracking No. 419-16): This rule change allows higher level junior and amateur riders to participate in the growing number of FEI events in this country.
Recently Approved USEF Rule Changes
The following rule changes were approved by the USEF Board of Directors at the USEF Annual Meeting in January 2017:
Please note the varying effective dates for each rule change.