CHJA Recognized Show Impact Due to COVID-19
April 6, 2020
The CHJA Board of Directors has voted to extend the points policy stated below to May 3, 2020 and will reassess at that time.
March 27, 2020
The CHJA Board of Directors has voted to extend the points policy stated below through April 16th, 2020 and will reassess at that time.
March 13, 2020
Dear CHJA Members,
There is no higher priority than the safety of our membership. We are staying on top of information being issued from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), our local government and health agencies regarding COVID-19.
The viability of 2020 CHJA managed shows will be assessed as the dates draw closer.
Out of an abundance of caution CHJA has decided to not approve points for CHJA approved shows from March 16 - March 30, 2020 and will reassess at that time. CHJA has chosen to do this in alignment with the United Stated Equestrian Federation (USEF).
Please consider the following commutation from USEF:
If you choose to compete, USEF recommends that you take immediate steps to limit your exposure and create social distancing. Based on information and guidance, in particular, from the CDC, the USEF provides the following recommendations to our membership. Participate in events that:
• Are venues within close proximity (driving distance) to your residence;
• Limit out of state competitors (and for currently operating winter circuits limit new out of state competitors);
• Restrict free access in stabling areas to only essential personnel (ie; riders, grooms, farriers, vets, officials);
• Provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer at in-gates, competition offices, vendors and convenient places throughout the competition grounds;
• Ensure restroom facilities are regularly cleaned;
• Operate without spectators;
• Limit social gatherings to less than 250 people as recommended by the CDC; and
• Ensure that food services are of the type that limit contamination, buffets are strongly discouraged
Colorado Hunter Jumper Association Board of Directors