CHJA’s purposes are:
- To promote the sport of horsemanship through sanctioning and sponsoring hunter and jumper competitions.
- To promote rider safety, proper caring for animals and good sportsmanship.
- To support the rules of USEF and CHJA.
- To maintain proper records relating to CHJA-recognized shows.
- To approve and/or assign CHJA-recognized show dates.
- Pursuant to the provisions of Article Second, Paragraph B of the Association’s Certificate of Incorporation, to receive, manage and deal with monies, securities and other property intended for charitable education purposes.
- To publish information pertinent to rules and specifications, show conduct or general interest.
- To adjudicate questions of violations of the rules and specifications of CHJA, and when necessary, to impose penalties in accordance with those rules and specifications.