SECTION 1. GENERAL
The officers of CHJA shall be President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. Officers shall be elected by the Board of Directors from among the Board Members at the first regular Board meeting after the adjournment of the annual meeting. Voting shall be by secret ballot.
SECTION 2. PRESIDENT
The President shall:
- Be chief executive of the Association.
- Preside at all Board of Directors and general membership meetings.
- Appoint chairman of all committees, except paid positions.
- Be an ex-officio member of all committees except the Nominating Committee.
- Call any special meeting of the general membership or emergency meeting of the Board of Directors.
SECTION 3. VICE-PRESIDENT
The Vice-President shall:
- In the absence of the President, exercise all duties of the President.
- Be the parliamentarian.
SECTION 4. SECRETARY
The Secretary shall:
- Give written notice of all meetings to all board members within a week of an adjourned meeting.
- Keep minutes of all meetings.
- Maintain all official records, documents and correspondence.
SECTION 5. TREASURER
The Treasurer shall:
- Collect all monies due the Association.
- Have the care and custody and responsibility for the funds of the Association.
- Keep proper records of the Association account.
- Submit a documented report of all Association funds at each Board meeting.
- Submit an annual financial statement to the Board for review within 30 days of fiscal year end.
- Deposit all checks and pay all bills within 30 days of receipt.
- Keep all books ready for review.
SECTION 6. OFFICER VACANCIES
Any position which becomes vacant may be filled by a special election at the next regular or special Board meeting.
SECTION 7. TRANSFER OF DUTIES
All outgoing officers shall ensure the orderly transfer of their duties, responsibilities, records and documents to their successors within 30 days.