Rule 8.2 Show Championships
- In order to offer a hunter division championship, a minimum of two over fences classes and one under saddle class must be completed.
- A class is considered completed if three or more horses complete the course. A horse has completed an over fence class when the horse completes the posted course and a score is recorded on the judge's card. A horse failing to complete the entire course is not eligible to receive points, awards or prize money, nor will it be counted in the number of entries necessary to fill a class or division. A horse has completed an under saddle class when the horse has executed all of the gaits required and remains in the ring until the class has lined up.
- Shows with a minimum of two completed hunter over fence classes and one completed hunter under saddle must give a hunter championship.
- Hunter championships at each show are to be calculated based on the following point system: 1st place = 10 points, 2nd place = 6 points, 3rd place = 4 points, 4th place = 2 points, 5th place = 1 point, 6th place = ½ point. For the purpose of calculating hunter show championships, the top four (4) horses over fences will have their under saddle points counted.
- In the case of a tie for Champion or Reserve Champion, the award goes to the horse with the most points over fences. If the tied horses have an equal number of points over fences, they will remain tied.